Friday, August 17, 2012

Why is my dad always right?

Before I started my job my dad warned me to be patient because it would be difficult. I thought "What is he talking about? I'm totally qualified for this (and I'm awesome)"

Once again, dad was right. It's not so much that the job is difficult. I learn a lot and have different duties than before, but nothing I can't handle. What's hard you ask? Change. I know, it's a stereotypical all encompassing answer. Sue me.

Let's put it another way, adjustment is hard. Happy? I left a job I worked at for almost 2 years. It was so familiar and easy. People trusted that I knew what I was doing and came to me for advice. Now, I'm the new girl that people assume doesn't know anything and is the SME (subject matter expert) on nothing.

Ok, let me clarify that I love my coworkers and my new place of work. It's by far my favorite of all the jobs I've ever hard. Yes, this includes my first job at 16 working at Cold Stone Creamery with all my best friends. That was a fun job. This is better. I just want to get to he point where I'm settled in and comfortable.

Enough with that.
 I bought my cat a 16.5 lbs bag of food. Because she eats that much. The kicker? She's bigger than the bag. Why do I have the gigantic diva cat?



Above is said bag. My cat is not rectanlge but she is 17lbs. You get the idea.

I'm also in a working out slump. Someone come kick my butt into shape, please.

And this weekend is shaping up to be awesome. Best friend coming to visit, yummy international dinner plans (details Monday), softball, and much more :)

Happy Friday Y'all!

3 comments:

  1. I'll kick your butt into shape (lovingly, of course)! Do whatever workout makes you feel the best. Do it today, or tonight, or tomorrow morning, whenever, just soon! Then write about the experience. After all, you're pretty good at this blogging thing.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you will be the next SME before you know it! And you might have a gigantic, diva cat...but she sure is mighty cute and sweet! :) Really enjoying the blog, by the way!!

    ReplyDelete