Friday, August 3, 2012

Why are we doing push-ups during yoga?

As promised I went to my yoga class yesterday. And it went pretty well. I was a little scared of being the worst one there, but there was a wide range of people. Including a girl in front of me who didn't care at all. So I looked like a yogi master next to her. place choice win.

In all reality I look more like this during yoga:

Actually, I liked it. It's different than previous classes I've taken. And I thought the instructor was going a bit fast; so it lacked the relaxation I've previously enjoyed. And we did a bunch of push-ups, what's up with that? I've never done push-ups in a yoga class. Planks, yes. Down dog, yes. Actual push-ups, no. And my arms were not ready for that kind of pressure, so I wimped out and did the girly  modified push-up version.  It was still a good work out though, so I can't complain.

I'll be going back and trying to incorporate some yoga into my routines to help with flexibility and toning. Flexibility is not my strength. At all. My sister has always made fun of my for my awkwardness while stretching. It's not my fault she's like Gumby and I'm more like a plank of wood. Life is not fair.

Good news: Today is my last day of work and I start my new job Monday! So clearly I'm updating this blog instead of working, like I should.

Have a Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment