Thursday, August 23, 2012

Popcorn counts as dinner, right?

I may have finally started to settle in an adult gym routine..maybe.
Tuesday, I went to Body Pump and Wednesday I attended a Yoga class. Both kicked my butt. My legs feel like they will give out any moment. I've also managed to run at least a mile or more on all three days.

That's right I'm kicking butt this week. And my eating is pretty in control. As long as you don't count the Chik-fil-a breakfast tacos that someone brought into the office Tuesday, or the kolaches someone else brought Wednesday. Work makes you fat.

Although, I only had one of each said breakfast items so it kept the damage under 300 calories both days. If you also include the fact that dinner has been oatmeal then popcorn the past two nights, I think I'll survive these small setbacks. I know, there's no nutritional value in popcorn. I said my work out routines have been adult-like not my eating habits.

Or my car maintenance habits. I had to drop off my car this morning to get a way overdue oil change and get the car looked at for some other issue because it doesn't sound healthy. I guess if I'm getting healthy my car has to follow suit? Can cars even be described as healthy? Who knows. As long as it doesn't break down on me, I'll be happy.

On to a completely unrelated topic, my frustration with the term young professionals. What does it even mean? When attending events for 'young professionals', the people attending are anywhere from 22-35 years old. And really they are mainly from 27-35 years old. Where are all the recent college grads struggling to get adjusted to this adult world of full time jobs, bills, and responsibilities? Does everyone hibernate until they're 27 and just magically come out? I mean I have nothing against the 27-35 year old crowd, I'm only a couple years away from them. And I have had a lot of fun with them. I just feel like the only (almost) 24 year old year old in the world. I also feel like I'm just faking my way through being a grown up. Like I'm not old enough for some things, like one day I'll suddenly know that I'm a grown up.

I've never felt ready for anything that's happened before (high school graduation, college, college grad, internship, the list goes on) so I don't know why I would suddenly have a revelation.

Start praying I make it to Body Pump class tonight, and maybe follow it up with a run. Also, I got my car back (yes, that's how long it took me to write this post) and it was only 35 dollars. Shopping spree, here I come! Maybe...

Happy Thursday Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment