Monday, August 13, 2012

This should have been posted yesterday....

I think I ate more this weekend than the entire state of Delaware did. Don't get me wrong, it was amazing. But now I feel like I could have rolled to work instead of driven. And I didn't work out at all except for playing softball (more on that amazingness later).

Friday, I got free tickets to watch the Astros play. And went to Flying Saucer for some pre-drinking, baseball and beer, match made in heaven. Except it's too expensive at the actual stadium. So drinking early is acceptable. We left the game early, which was the worst decision ever since they came back in the 9th inning. But it's the Astros, who could have known thus win a game?

I swear I love Houston sports, but there's a limit to how much losing one can handle.

Saturday was glorious. Not because I was widely productive or because anything actually happened. Saturday was amazing due to it being named a Lazy Day. This made it an acceptable reason to watch a million back to back episodes of Castle (don't judge me, it's a hilarious show) and then watch a movie later that night. Yes, you read that right. I graduated from tv show to movie. That was the extent of my accomplishments on Saturday. Oh right, I went grocery shopping. And Sam was the most amazing person ever and made me chicken fajitas. Yummy.

See? Food and tv. I believe I maxed out my useless quota for about 5 months.

Now Sunday was the highlight of my weekend. I started with lunch with a friend from high school/college. We caught up and talked wedding plans (for her wedding in which I'm a bridesmaid, yay)

Then came softball. Let's for a little recap for rules and participation. Our team consists of 15 people. To be able to play we must have at least 8, with a minimum of two girls. Now 8 people doesn't fill up a field. And two girls is not enough for rotation purposes (for batting purposes we alternate a guy and a girl).

Having said this, we pulled through and win both games! We were lucky and were able to recruit one guy and one girl for the first game. But they had to leave before our second game. And we got a free pitcher of beer for showing up. Which was obviously the ultimate highlight of the weekend.

Moral of this post: I love beer and food (too much for my own good). I'm lazy and need to get back to working out, regularly. I may have a hidden softball talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment