Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Birthday Weekend

It has been quite a hectic weekend.


First on Thursday night I baked a PB M&M brownie for a co worker's birthday on Friday. I'm really only bringing this up because I actually took pictures. Witness the gloriousness of homemade brownies below:

brownie batter goodness:
The finished brownie (with poke holes to make sure it was cooked thoroughly)

And my wonderful oven safety (I actually still use kitchen towels and always forget I own this, thanks to my wonderful mother who knows me quite well)


This weekend my family headed to Dallas to celebrate our birthday (I'm a triplet) with my brother who just moved there.  It was a wonderful weekend with lots of food (some might argue too much) and lots of family time. There might also have been drooling in the car. And a stop at Buccee's (those were unrelated to each other, amazingly).


If you don't know what Buccee's is, I feel bad for you. Do some research and go visit one. It should be on everyone's bucket list.


I did make it back Sunday after wonderful brunch of chocolate chip and peanut butter cup pancakes. Yes, it was outrageous. And tasted like a piece of heaven. Birthdays only come once a year. So stop judging. I played softball in the evening. We won the first game, lost the second. I played like a 6 year old at a T-ball game. It was terrible. I'm blaming the pancakes.


Yesterday was my birthday! Yay! I'm finally 24...actually I don't care much other than Sam tookg me out to sushi and my mom took me out to the Cheesecake Factory. And you thought my food gorging was over...


The dinner was great! Best sushi I've had in a while. And Sam got me a laptop! I can't believe it! He has been in an open war with my current computer. It is a little sad, I can't unplug it from the wall because the battery doesn't work. And it's slow, we're not talking 'take an extra second to load an Internet page' impatience slow; I'm talking about '5 minutes to open a program and refusal to stream videos properly' slow. Also, it doesn't shut down, only restarts itself...
Needless to say it was time to replace, but I never thought he'd get it for me! I've got a keeper :)

Speaking of this keeper, he's got me obsessed with freshly popped popcorn. It's so good. I even bought a bag so we could pop them at my place. And by 'we' I mean 'he', I'm too busy eating the popcorn to actually pop it. He always does two batches, and is lucky if he gets his half of the second one.


Happy Tuesday Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment