Monday, August 20, 2012

Chelsea and Cookies

This weekend was the BEST weekend ever.

Ok, I know I say this almost every weekend. I mean it every time, though.

Particularly this weekend my old roommate from college, Chelsea, came to visit. And she's my favorite person ever (well, she shares the spot with Sam, don't want him getting jealous).

She got in at about 3 PM, we talked through what she wanted to do. She realized she didn't bring clothes to go to church on Sunday. So we decided a trip to Target was necessary (I know shocking, right?)

I would like to formally announce that I went to Target and only bought one item. Yes, only one. I am super human. Feel free to worship me be impressed. We both got dresses, which was exciting. Not because we're girls and love dresses, well yes,  partly for that, but mainly because we both wanted to get something that was out of character for us. And we succeeded and looked really cute doing so.

Our international dinner fell through, which was upsetting. So we decided to have some Cuban food instead. It was delicious.

It was also raining, so we decided it was a good night to bake cookies.
This means we made a mess (see pictures below)

Apparently spilling cocoa powder was not enough and cornstarch had to be involved as well.

Both spills were Chelsea's fault. But that is my beer sitting by her mess. (Go Texans!)

And of course I forgot to take pictures of the cookies when they were done because we ate them that quickly. Yeah we're fatties sometimes. This just means I'll have to make them again.
What a difficult life I have.

Sunday was quite relaxing with church, lunch, and an end of weekend Starbucks date. And of course going to visit the kittens at Sam's place. I love the kittens (and the boy too).
Those are the kittens, freaking adorable. 

This weekend left me exhausted and I went to bed at 8:30 (don't judge) and woke up at 5:15 for a run this morning. Yay for that. Will keep it going this week. And get back to my healthy eating.

Here's a sweet picture of Chelsea bonding with a kitten named Oreo






Chelsea bonding with a kitten

No comments:

Post a Comment