Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Love makes the world go round...

You know how in every group of friends there's that annoyingly happy person that you just want to slap? Ok well anyone who hates happiness skip the next two paragraphs.

 Now that those pessimists are no longer reading, this week I am that friend (no shame). I started my new job on Monday and I think it's impossible to love a job more than I've loved the past three days. Now, I fully realize that most people will say it's the newness and infatuation of something new. 

It's not. My first day they had a welcome lunch for me. Today there was a bridal shower (not for me) and champagne was had by all (except the pregnant ladies..again not me) Keep in mind this bridal shower started at 3 PM. And I left work at 7, no one forced me to stay late. I just haven't looked at the clock hoping the day would end. The day flies by and I don't even notice it. 

(You thought the title meant romantic love, didn't you? Nope, while I love Sam, this week, I'm happy about my life).

Ok that's over, sorry for the disgusting happiness. I'll keep that in check...maybe. Anyways, I've been obsessed with the song "That's what you get" by Paramore. Don't know why, doesn't actually relate to my life in anyway. But any of my old roommates can testify to the fact that I'll get obsessed with songs and play them on repeat for entirely too long. For this week, this is the song. 

I have made it to the gym this week (except today, too much champagne) and feel like a complete grown up. This job fits more of the ideal of what I thought a grown up job looked like. I'm getting involved in new activities (softball is also a lot harder than I remember as a high schooler) and people around me are now all getting engaged, married, and having babies. Which still scares me, I wonder if I'll ever feel old enough. 

I always feel like a kid playing dress up, like I somehow am an impostor in that world and I should go back to running through the sprinklers during summer time (don't lie, we've all done it..if not, well you should re-examine the quality of your childhood). I don't have any interesting stories to post today. Just boring stuff drom work, I know no one wants to hear that, I WILL spare you from that (Sam didn't get that luxury).

Back to running tomorrow and pump. I've loved going to pump class again. I'll assume all this exercise has also helped my mood. Whatever it is, I want to keep it going. I haven't felt in such good spirits in over two years. So excuse my absence from the blogging world while I enjoy this.

Have a wonderful Hump day!

No comments:

Post a Comment