Wednesday, August 1, 2012

And I already suck at this...

Yeah it's been what two weeks since I posted anything? Great start. But really I'll try and get on more. I could give all the normal excuses about being really busy, but let's face it: who doesn't think they're busy? That's the all encompassing reason why we all procrastinate or just plain don't do things.


So I'll jump right into today's topic: what should I focus my time on?


My main problem is I want to do too many things. First off are the things I've already officially committed to (meaning I've paid something to participate): running (half marathon in sight), softball on Sundays, and I just bought a gym membership. So I have to run four times a week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday) in the morning, luckily I'm a morning person, mostly, and can do this. Every Sunday evening is softball. Every Sunday morning is Church. And apparently I'm supposed to show up to this thing called a job Monday-Friday to be able to pay my bills (who knew?). 


Here comes my problem. I want to include biking, rock climbing, yoga, and hanging out with friends and the boyfriend (he's probably appreciate it) sometimes too. And I can make most things fit in but biking. Rock climbing can be one of those things that's a treat, not every week but about every month or so. Biking is one of my favorite things in the world. But I go used to biking around my parents place and now that I've moved, I don't have a comfort zone anymore. And I have only taken my bike out once. But I don't want to give that up I just don't know when I could fit it in. Maybe Saturday afternoons, but this means I spend literally all my time working out. I figured I'd be exhausted and give it up, which I really don't want to do. I'll figure something out, hopefully it'll be a happy compromise. I'll let y'all know when I figure this out.


In happy news, I've only got two days of work left. Then it's on to the new job. Yay. I've been waiting for this moment for 6 months. I also may have missed my going away potluck at my current job. Oops, my bad. In my defense I didn't know it was that Friday and my brother was in town. Family first, right?


Alright, I've gone on long enough. If anyone's got suggestions for balancing my time, I welcome them. If not just wait and witness the hot mess I'll turn into, minus the hot. I'll just be a mess. 


Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment