Thursday, January 10, 2013

Running shoes

(NOTE: this should have been posted last night, I pressed save instead of publish. I'm a mess sometimes)

So last night I made it to the gym to get on the treadmill. I had to take my new vibrams that I got for Christmas instead of my normal running shoes. I'd only used those shoes to walk and they seem pretty ok, but running in them was torture. It hurt to get used to them, so I ended up walking most of my work out. Although I did get an hour on the treadmill and ran about 25 minutes of that. I'd still say that overall it was a good stop at the gym.

It's been raining a lot here, so I haven't been going outside much. I know what people say about "If you want for the ideal time to start, you'll never do anything in your life". I get it, I agree. But after a long day at work, I don't want to run in the rain in new shoes that I haven't gotten used to yet. Sorry for being a slacker.

I tried a new recipe today. It's from the lovely Taralynn over at Undressed Skeleton. She's got tons of recipes and advice. She's very creative and I like to just read up on what food combinations she's creating. For example, did you know that one mashed up banana combined with and egg makes two yummy pancakes for breakfast? I do now. Not obviously, it's not a real pancake but its a very good substitute for breakfast that is healthy and has protein. Put some PB or Jam on top and you're set. Mine were a little plain this morning because I was improvising.



I really want to get some PB2, the powder peanut butter. I'm usually not into substitutes, but peanut butter is my weakness and while I know it's healthy calories  I can't always handle the amount of calories (or points since I use the Weight Watchers program) it adds to my meals. Anyone ever tried it? DO you love it or hate it?

I also packed my lunch today and kept it pretty healthy and light. Just a turkey sandwich, lime jello, and fruits. So so far so good on the getting healthy track. 3 days down, i bazillion to go. Yay! Happy hump day everyone, we're halfway to Friday!



This is my packed lunch, lots of fruits since I'm not big on veggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment