Thursday, January 31, 2013

I got LASIK!!!!

Yes I finally got the surgery done Friday. It was honestly the easiest thing I've ever done. It was also the best decision I've ever made. I now see perfectly without glasses or contacts. I also see sharper. Yay, my life is made.

Moving on from that. I have been eating horribly, but I have not gone back over the weight from the beginning of the year. I guess that's a good thing. My sister saved the day (as usual) yesterday when we went grocery shopping and I once again was telling her about all my struggles. We made plans and shared tips. I went home with a bunch of healthy food, ready to get back into it. I will never understand how people make it through life without siblings. My sister (and brother, he's just not mentioned much in my healthy lifestyle journey) is the best ever. She amazes me with what she can do and how strong she is. I honestly feel bad for only children, life must be so lonely :(

In other good news, I finally bought PB2 today. I have been wanting to try it for quite a while now and I am just now getting to the end of my peanut butter jar, so I thought it was the perfect timing for trying this out.I have only mixed a little just to try it out. It's pretty good. I just tried it by itself. I'm sure with other food it is even better, but really this was just a test to see if I'd made a big mistake trying to find healthy alternates to my fat girl food loves.

I'll let you know when I start mixing it in different recipes. For example, tomorrow I plan on making my oatmeal a banana, PB2, cocoa oatmeal. We'll see how that works out. I've been cooking a lot more and relying on frozen meals a lot less. Which was one of my goals so that's good. I found that I love bean threads (it's like rice noodles but slightly different), rice noodles, and Asian cuisine in general. It seems to be easier to keep healthy as most of the meals (made at home) only consist of rice/pasta and veggies with any or no meat all. Seems like a good light, healthy dinner option to me. Bonus: it's really easy to make. Especially when your boyfriend loves cooking and you can just watch. I guess that can't count as me cooking more, but it counts as me eating more homemade meals, so I'll take it.

Ok I realize that was a whole lot of random updates, but this is as exciting as my life gets. It's rough being me :)

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment