Thursday, January 3, 2013

Resolution Time

It's that time of year again..Resolution time! Yay.

Ok truth be told, I'm not too much of a New Year's Resolution person. That's only because I'm the type of person to make resolutions all year. Whether it's March 27th, my birthday, or some other insignificant day, I'm always trying to think of ways to become better, which I admit is taxing and overwhelming sometimes.

However, back to resolutions, as usual my resolution is to get into good shape and be healthy. And in all honesty I'm tired of making that resolution. I honestly make it thinking that  will be the year I make it. That this time i truly have had enough. That I've hit rock bottom and I can't be like this anymore. And every year I do really well until about March, then life gets back to normal. I slowly put the weight back on and end up at the end of December crying and embarrassed of how I look.

This year my sister talked me out of my spiraling emotions. She's truly the best, she's been good this year. she got fit, is staying fit, and is living the life she wants to lead. I so wish I could be more like her. She's strong and determined and everything I failed to be this year. I honestly don't know how only children make it through life, my siblings have always been there for me and have helped me through my biggest obstacles through life. And Val is, once again, taking this challenge with me and helping me along. Giving me advice and being there for me. She truly is the greatest, I know I've said it before on the blog but she really is one of my favorite people ever. 

This brings me to talking about what I have done so far to get back on track. After I finished crying and ended my meltdown, I picked myself up and took my big butt to the grocery store and bought healthy food to start bringing my lunch to work again like I used to, it's cheaper and healthier than fast food or any other restaurant. I went running even though I had already talked myself out of going tonight, I thought there's no better time to start than right now. I'll be going to the track tomorrow and making sure I get some exercise in this weekend.

I hope anyone going through this same struggle has the strength to keep fighting, to keep going. There's plenty of blogs out there that prove it's possible to succeed. We can do it, the worst we can do is give up.

Good luck to all on your resolutions. May the new year bring you new hope, strength, and happiness.

2 comments:

  1. Bravo, Erika! I commend you! I have yet to write my New Year Resolution blog post, but I have a feeling it will be very similar to this.

    And I sympathize with you, I have been there time and time again! I think we all have. But I think it's really great that you chose to get up and do something about your circumstances rather than wallow. I think it's easy sometimes to get down on yourself and compare yourself to others and wonder why it's so much harder for you than someone else, but at the end of the day, that's going to get you nowhere! Like you said, we can do it and the worse we can do is give up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the part about comparing ourselves to others, I know I do it all to often and shouldn't. It's not fair, we all fight a different battle. We can do this, let's make it our last year to have entries like this!

    ReplyDelete